Are you spending a little extra on cat food? Don’t worry, from now on you can find out how to make your own cat food.
One way cats keep healthy is through food intake. In choosing the best cat food, of course, it is important to ensure that the nutrition is sufficient for their needs, right?
Packaged cat food, either in the form of wet (wet food) or dry (dry food), generally already meets these nutritional needs.
Unfortunately, not everyone can afford packaged cat food, you know! But do not worry, you can give a pet cat aka homemade food.
How to? Come on, just look at the reviews on how to make your own cat food, the ingredients are cheap, and easy to get the following.
Don’t forget to make a cozy cat house!
1. Recipe for Processed Fish
First, there is a way to make cat food with fish which of course is very liked by him. Instead of freshwater fish, PetPi prefers seawater fish, you know!
The high content of amino acids and fatty acids, as well as the fishy taste and smell, are more inviting to the cat’s appetite. The types of seawater fish that can be used, such as tuna or tuna.
Do not give the cat salted fish, because the high salt content can make the hair fall out easily.
- 1 cup boiled seawater fish
- 2 tablespoons finely grated carrots and boiled
- 1/3 cup cooked rice or oatmeal
How to Make Cat Food with Fish:
- Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and well mixed.
- Give it to the cat and if there are leftovers store them in a closed container in the refrigerator (cat food can last about three days).
2. Recipes for Processed Chicken
Besides fish, pet cats also like processed chicken which is also quite easy to get.
In preparing chicken meat, you should make sure it is cooked. Raw chicken meat contains bacteria Salmonella and Campylobacter which are a risk to the digestive system.
How to make cat food from chicken You can also mix it with vegetables, such as broccoli or carrots as an intake of vitamins and minerals.
- 1 cup boiled chicken
- 1/4 cup boiled broccoli
- 1/4 cup boiled carrots
- 1 cup chicken stock
How to Make Chicken Cat Food:
- Mix and puree all the above ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Add the chicken stock from the remaining chicken broth little by little, until the texture of cat food is soft but not too wet.
- Make sure the cat food made from chicken is at room temperature before giving it.
- If there are leftovers, store them in a closed container and place them in the refrigerator.
3. Recipe for Processed Beef
Launching the Feline Living page, beef is one of the best sources of animal protein for cats. Compared to mutton or lamb, beef has a less fat content.
Beef is generally more expensive than chicken and fish. Giving it occasionally can be an option to minimize expenses.
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup cheese cut into small cubes
How to Make Cat Food from Beef:
- Heat ground beef in a small amount of oil in a frying pan until lightly browned and let cool.
- Put the beef, brown rice, and cheese in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Give it to your pet cat and if you have any left, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days.
4. Recipe for Processed Chicken Liver
Not only the meat, internal organs such as chicken liver are also a high source of vitamin A for pet cats. The price is quite cheap and easy to get.
In addition to chicken liver, other internal organs or offal are also no less nutritious. Like the heart which contains vitamin B12, iron, and phosphorus.
- 1/2 kg chicken liver without gizzards
- 1/4 kg chicken heart
- 1 pack of jelly
- Enough water
How to Make Cat Food with Chicken Liver
- Wash the heart and liver thoroughly, then steam until perfectly cooked.
- Drain the chicken innards that have been steamed and wait for them to cool, then cut them into small pieces.
- Put three cups of water in a saucepan and heat it until it boils.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder and mix with the offal that has been cut into small pieces earlier, then stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour this cat food with the chicken liver into a container.
- If it has cooled and hardened, give it to a pet cat.
- Leftover chicken liver pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
5. Recipes for Dry Cat Food Similar to Whiskas
Apart from the wet food that has been reviewed above, who says you can’t make dry cat food like Whiskas or other dry food brands?
You can also make it almost exactly the same as the advantage of homemade dry food without using dyes, preservatives, and other additives.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups soybean flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 cup rice bran
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 450 grams fish/chicken/meat stew
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon fish oil
- 2 cups boiled water fish/chicken/ meat
How to Make Dry Cat Food (Dry Food):
- Put whole wheat flour, soybean flour, cornflour, and rice bran into a container. Then add the nonfat milk and mix until smooth.
- Puree fish/chicken/meat in a food processor or blender then mix with sunflower oil, fish oil, and cooking water in a separate bowl.
- Mix the two doughs using a mixer until they are not sticky and smooth.
- Prepare a cutting board that has been dusted with flour and then place the dough that has been smooth on it.
- Knead the dough for a few moments, then cut it into small pieces and select lengthwise.
- Cut the twisted dough into the size of normal dry cat food.
- Place all the pieces on a baking sheet and dry where you can use the sun or the oven to dry.
- For storage of dry cat food, you homemade can use closed containers or use plastic ziplock.
6. Recipe for Cat Food from Tofu
This one ingredient is indeed very easy to find in traditional markets to supermarkets and the price is quite affordable.
Although it sounds strange, tofu can be used as an ingredient to increase protein in your favorite cat food.
To turn tofu into nutritious food for cats, you just need to follow these easy steps:
- Steam tofu along with chicken or fish.
- Once cooked, mash the tofu along with meat or fish (can be with a fork or in a blender)
7. Recipe for Cat Food from Salted Fish
Many cats like salted fish, especially domestic cats. You can turn salted fish into delicious food for cats by steaming it, then adding it to steamed tofu or rice.
But remember, try not to give salted fish to cats too often, because it can make the hair fall out easily, especially for purebred cats.
8. Recipe For Cat Food from Eggs
It turns out that cats also like to eat chicken eggs, especially egg yolks. How to make cat food for kittens and adult cats from eggs can be done easily. This recipe can be used as a snack for the cat you know.
Prepare salmon or any fish can be substituted.
Rice 2/3 cup.
1/2 tsp lactose free milk.
1 tbsp butter/oil.
Mix all the above ingredients and puree with a fork or spoon.
9. Homemade Cat Food Recipes from Vegetables
Just like humans, the cat’s body also needs vitamins contained in vegetables. Although some cats are very difficult to feed vegetables directly, you can give them a combination of vegetables with meat.
Broccoli can be mixed with meat, tofu or tempeh.
Potatoes can be mixed with enough meat and protein.
Corn as a snack for cats can be mixed with wet food.
Carrots as a mixture of wet and dry food.
That’s a few homemade cat food recipes that we can serve, hopefully you can make your own. Good luck.